09 May 2009

Finding Time to Serve

Ever look at the calendar and say I just don't have time to help with this or that and keep up with the things I need to do for my own family. I've had a lot of that lately as well as struggling to keep things in perspective.

So... I've been making an effort to follow President Monson's counsel to "Study diligently, pray fervently, live righteously." Besides studying my scriptures more regularly and praying more often (still working on the fervently part) I've been trying to serve better.

The best part -- despite giving up a portion of three Saturdays and some weeknights too to serve those outside my family -- I am getting more done at home. Despite the weather, I am finding ways to get a little bit done here and there as well as the motivation to get something done instead of getting hypnotized by the TV.

Oh, the blessings of listening to my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I hear you! It is amazing when you serve how the Lord opens up things for us. Makes me smile thinking about it. Thank you for sharing!

Wendyrful said...

I love that my garden is growing. Thank you for being willing to help others, and thank you for getting my garden boxes done. Thank you for following the Lord. Love you!